Saturday, December 22, 2007

Food on The Brain...

I woke up this morning at around 10am with an intense hankering for a Food Network marathon. Boyfriend is away, so I knew the timing was perfect. For the past two hours I've been curled up on the couch watching celebrity chefs make Holiday meals. I even added some cinnamon to my coffee grounds, so that I too could have a lazy-girl's version of a "special holiday treat". I don't know why, but the Food Network relaxes me like nothing else...I could watch anything they air (including Rachael Ray, but excluding Emeril -- hate him, and have no reason for it).

Maybe this will get me in the mood for the Christmas cookie party I'm heading off to at around 3pm. I never been to one before -- but apparently I just show up with 2 recipes... (I'm bringing Magnolia Bakery's peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, and espresso shortbread recipe from Gourmet mag). We bake together and drink wine, and then order some Chinese food and watch Christmas movies. Seriously, how could you go wrong with that?

And speaking of areas where I HAVE gone wrong. Christmas Shopping. Haven't done it yet. I know, Monday is Christmas eve. I'm off to Union Square tomorrow with a girlfriend for brunch and then some serious shopping. Otherwise I am going to find myself in a mall on Long Island on Christmas Eve...and that basically sounds like my worst nightmare.

I hope you all have a lovely (and relaxing) pre-holiday weekend. Anyone doing anything exciting?

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Late here- hope you had a nice holiday & got all of your shopping done in time!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.