Friday, May 25, 2007

Chomping At The Bit....

I am literally chomping at the bit to get out of work today. The arctic subzero temperatures in my office aren't helping. The impending three day weekend is not helping either.

I'm just excited to get the weekend started.

I love NYC this time of year. It's not too hot, it's not too cold...and it's so easy to see why people come to this city and fall in love with it, and never leave. I'm a sucker for weekends laying in the grass at Central Park, Happy Hours sitting outside in the middle of the week, and taking the long way to the subway just so that I can enjoy the last sunny moments of each day.

Yeah, I'm in a great mood :).

Adding to that fantastic mood is the fact that I have declared Memorial Weekend a "food holiday." I only allow for a few of these a year. In my little world, a "food holiday" is a pass to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. Other "food holidays" are: my birthday, cinco de mayo, st. patricks day (I love corned beef), and valentines day.

So feel free to join me on "food weekend; enjoy the sun, enjoy your city (wherever it may be), and enjoy some carby food and bbq.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a plate of wings and a pint of stella to get to.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Maurey Pierce said...

I, too, plan on boatloads of food this weekend. For many reasons:

A great review & raise...
HH's birthday...
Three-year anniversary of our meeting...
Memorial Day...
Nice weather ....

The list goes on ...

ENJOY!

Whiskeymarie said...

Have a great, food-filled weekend, my dear.
You make me want to pick up & move to NYC.
Damn me and my responsible nature!