Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Going Cold Turkey....

Last night as I cleaned my apartment, I made a startling discovery...

When I was cleaning the bathroom, I popped open the medicine cabinet and ate the Reese's peanut butter cup I found in there. As I put away laundry, I ate two Lindt dark chocolates that were stashed in my underwear drawer. And I didn't think anything of eating a small chocolate truffle that was discovered on top of my stereo.

Later that night as I ate three chocolate chips...I realized that there is chocolate hidden all over my apartment. It's like my own personal easter egg hunt.

Ladies and gentleman, now you know...

.......I am a chocoholic.

I don't eat large amounts in one sitting usually, but over any given day I graze on 5-7 small pieces. Hence, the need for it to be hidden in my apartment....annnnd in my desk at work.....and in my bag that I carry with me everyday.

It's a bizarre little habit....and probably not that good for me...so I've decided to quit.

No chocolate for seven days.

Starting tomorrow because I just mistakenly ate some M&M's.....

4 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, I do the same thing. It's in my desk, my cookie jar, my purse, I keep skittles in my car (I love candy in general), and in my pantry.
Now I want some.
Good luck.
I don't think I could do it.

thethinker said...

I wish I could just be satisfied with a few pieces at a time. Instead, I usually devour one (or two) bars of chocolate at a time. I'd never be able to go cold turkey.

thethinker said...

I wish I could just be satisfied with a few pieces at a time. Instead, I usually devour one (or two) bars of chocolate at a time. I'd never be able to go cold turkey.

Em said...

If you love chocolate the way I love coffee, 7 days is an eternity!!