Monday, May 7, 2007

Sunshine Day

Today's good for a few reasons: 1. I had an excellent weekend 2. The weather is gorgeous 3. As I exited the subway, my iPod instinctively knew to cue up James Taylor's "Your Smiling Face." Atta' boy iPod.

Seriously, I gotta agree with James, and so I say, "no one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today."

Soooo on to the weekend recap...

Went to catch Tribeca Film Festival screening of "Suburban Girl" (which is the film adaptation of A Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing). Hated it...hated it hard. And yes, I loved the book. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin and lots of cheesy lines (and an "almost" sex scene, that I am still cringing at the thought of). The movie had a lovely soundtrack though, and was shot in lovely locations all over the city, and in amazing apartments that I could never afford. So there was that.

On Saturday, I celebrated Cinco De Mayo adrift in a sea of margaritas with my best friends. I will tell you right now that if you want to get sloppy, Cancun (in the 56th and 8th Avenue) has the best margaritas of all time. I think I had a great time, but I don't remember what I ordered to eat. Highlights include my sister literally falling out of the restaurant, the same sister offering a random man a sip of her mojito, my best girlfriend asking my boyfriend about our method of birth control, and my gay boyfriend announcing it was time for him to go home and hook up.

Yes, these are my people. They do what they want, they say what they want, and I am absolutely in love with them.

Needless to say, it was a long hard road back from Margaritaville...and I spent Sunday drinking diet coke and laying on the boyfriend's couch.

And that leaves me here, on Monday...feeling good, and hopefully setting the course for the entire week.


No comments: