Thursday, May 17, 2007

Something to take comfort in

Let's face it. Life is stressful. Work, family, social lives...it's all stressful at times.

We gotta find the things that make us feel good...and today, after a particularly stressful day (and week) of work....I'm making a list of the things that make me feel so right.

And on a side note, lists make me feel good too ;)

*Happy Hour on Fridays with my best friends
*Going to the movies - any movie, I just love going
*Getting a window seat on the N train in the morning
*Staying in on a Saturday night, watching SNL, and sipping wine
*Peanut butter
*Having a day off from work in the middle of the week
*Weddings
*Everybody Loves Raymond - don't know why, but it puts me at ease
*Getting dressed up for a night out with my girl friends
*Going on "dates" with my boyfriend
*Sleeping in...until like 1pm
*Going away (anywhere!) for the weekend
*Greek salad with grilled chicken
*Amtrak - there is nothing more relaxing than napping in the "quiet car"
*Pop music...I love it, sad but true
*Laying on my bed watching tv alone, when my apartment is completely immaculate
*Reading in bed, scented candle lit, listening to my favorite cds
*Walking around my neighborhood in the evening with my ipod
*My mother's apartment
*Babysitting - even though i'm no teenager, i still love it
*Bachelorette parties

ahhhhh I just realize I could write this list forever.....so I'll stop myself....I feel better already.

So what makes you feel good?

3 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

God- peanut butter, a weekday off, bachlorette parties (I have yet to post about my BFF's), movies and...
such and such.
You hit the nail on the head, my dear. All the good things.
Keep writing!
XO
WM

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, and sleeping in with no alarm, jeans that hug thine ass "just so", an unexpected compliment, really great mac & cheese, a decent hair day once in a while, kisses from my Mr, and high-end dark chocolate are all things that make me happy, always.

Maurey Pierce said...

A good sweaty run
A juicy new work project
Watching election returns (I am such a geek)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch, just wet & soggy enough ...
Abs
The Shield
Snuggle pits with the HH
Nights with no agenda
A freshly cut lawn
Post-race buffets
Old-school slumber parties
Red velvet cake!